Many households complain that compact lights do not save electricity as advertised. The proof is that from replacing the light bulb system in the family with compact light bulbs, the electricity cost was more.
According to the Nival.vn reporter, these households have used compact lamps to replace tube lamps (also known as fluorescent lamps) in rooms with large areas such as living rooms, bedrooms. .. Due to the large room area, previously only one tube was sufficient light, now it has to install 4-5 compact light bulbs.
Compact light suitable for locations with tight spaces
These households believe that even energy-saving compact light bulbs, even if they have up to 4 bulbs, will consume less than 1 tube light. Therefore, even though compact light bulbs are quite expensive, people still "decide" to invest. However, this is a completely wrong viewpoint, because even with electricity saving, the power consumption of 4 compact light bulbs will not be less than the power consumption of a tube light, especially a tube light. Power saving type T5, T8. Not to mention, the price of compact light bulbs is quite expensive.
In fact, compact lamps are also a form of fluorescent tubes but smaller tubes and bent into the letter U, or twisted form. However, unlike tube lights, compact lamps use rare earth fluorescent powder, which increases the performance and durability and helps to shrink the size of the bulbs. Despite the same mechanism, the use of these two lamps is different. Fluorescent lamps have a wide range of light, suitable for lighting large spaces, while compact lights have a narrower strip of light, lighting only small spaces, making public or decorative lighting.
Therefore, to save electricity, it is not recommended to replace fluorescent bulbs with compact bulbs, but to replace old fluorescent bulbs with T5, T8 energy-saving fluorescent light bulbs. In contrast, the same compact size, but compact bulbs save electricity and have a life span of 6-7 times longer than incandescent lamps. Therefore, replacing incandescent bulbs with compact bulbs is appropriate and economical.
Choose a suitable light installation location
- Only install compact bulbs in locations with narrow spaces such as stairs, corridors, bathrooms, warehouses ... With rooms with large space like the living room, you should use tube type energy-saving tubes .
- To install compact lamps in larger spaces, it is necessary to combine with luminaires to expand lighting space.
- When installing compact light bulbs, you need to grasp the white plastic part of the ball to screw in, not the ball part.
- Do not install compact light bulbs in wet areas, which will damage the capacitors, circuits in the socket. When installing compact lamps in the bathroom or outdoors, you should choose the type of ball with a blind, with a shutter (colander) to protect the ball.
- For compact light bulbs to operate effectively and have a long life span, the bulbs should be lit for at least 15 minutes before turning off.
- During use, should pay attention to clean compact bulbs, because when used for a long time, dust adheres to the lighting performance and lamp life also decreases.
- In addition, compact lamps can be used to make desk lamps, reading lights. However, you should choose compact shade for yellow light close to natural light, avoiding eye strain quickly.